Friday, June 4, 2010

One week to go! It's starting to get exciting and once my 640 panini stickers arrive in the mail and I'm sticking them in that album, I'll be all good to go.

The World Cup is all about sharing the planet's love and obsession with the best sport there is. So with this in mind, I want to share a couple of fantastic World Cup related sites I found out about this week.

The first is quite simply the best World Cup fixutres calendar I've ever seen! It's tremendous. You can view the matches by country, by host city, by day and by group and you can find it HERE.

The other site comes courtesy of US sports television giant ESPN.

To promote their World Cup coverage in the States, ESPN have worked in conjunction with the ad agency Wieden+Kennedy and Cape Town-based artists group AM I Collective to create 33 original pieces of artwork: one for every participating country and one overarching World Cup piece.

Each painting brings to life the story of that nation. The look of the artwork is inspired by hand-painted African art found in the streets and townships across South Africa, and the entire African continent.

The murals will appear in publications across the US and also feature in billboards and transport hubs in cities like New York, Los Angeles and Chicago from now until the end of the tournament.

You can view them all HERE.

They're truly fantastic and I would mind having a set of them in some form or other to add to my collection. Let us know your favourites. I personally love the Japan one best.

Over the next few weeks, we'll bring you some other gems from around the web and if you find anything yourself, then please let us know.

Let the one week countdown begin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow AFTN on Twitter