Friday, March 26, 2010

March 17th was a special day for us here at AFTN. It marked our one year anniversary of the AFTN Blog and we didn't even remember! So we should put that right now, albeit belatedly and nine days late!

The last year has seem to have flown by, but it's been fantastic. We've talked about lots. Some nonsense, some serious, some baffling. From my point of view though, I've loved every minute and every post of it all.

Deciding to make the blog daily (bar our little lapse in February due to being exhausted during my Olympic adventure!), has been a bit of a bind during the quiet times, I'll admit that. But it's also been good and kept me keen and interested.

Like most bloggers, there's times when you probably feel or at least wonder whether anyone is actually reading the damn thing you're spending hours of your life writing.

We put a tracker in early on and to our amazement the blog has been read in 54 countries over the past year, ranging from the obvious UK, Canada, the US, Australia and New Zealand to what we find staggering like India (the 9th most popular country for our readers!), the Phillipines, Botswana and Moldova.

It's been great. Somedays our numbers are small, somedays they're well into three figures. As cliched as it may sound, even if I know one person has read and hopefully enjoyed the blog each day, I'm happy.

Thanks to every single one of you that has read it over the last year and a bit. I hope you've found something enjoyable to read in it and hopefully you'll be with me for the next year and onwards too.

Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow AFTN on Twitter