Thursday, December 17, 2009

For me, the big joy of this season's English Premiership has been watching Burnley.

The passion on the pitch, on the touchline and in the stands is uplifting, motivational and and inspiration to fans of unfashionable teams everywhere.

I had the chance to take in Burnley v Aston Villa last month and was really torn between that and going to Cumbernauld to see East Fife play Clyde. As crazy as I'm sure many of you will think I am, I chose the latter. Hey, the Fife are my team and my soul, you can't miss that!

I hope to take in a game at Burnley sometime soon though. The atmosphere at Turf Moor is electric.

The founder members of the English Leagues deserve all the plaudits they've been earning and getting this season. I still remember how close they came to dropping out of the leagues altogether a few years back.

The turnaround has been tremendous and in Owen Coyle they surely have a Scotland national team manager of the future (shame it can't be now!).

If we could bottle what they have there right now (even with the dodgy away form), I buy a ton and sent it up Bayview way.

Last night's game against Arsenal was a cracker. They weren't afraid to attack their so called bigger opponents. Let's hope they avoid the drop and are staples in the Premiership for many seasons to come.

Would be nice when I do eventualy make my trip to Turf Moor!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow AFTN on Twitter