Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Finding myself as an exile two years ago, it gave me a whole new perspective in following my team.

All the little things you take for granted. Being able to read about them in the papers. Being close to all the gossip and action. The smell of pies and bovril. The banter. The cameraderie. Being there to cheer them on at home and most importantly away.

I'm heading back to Fife tonight and included in my brief trip will be two East Fife matches.

Clyde away on Saturday is a real six pointer already at this stage of the season. A loss will see us bottom of the League.

The following week it's Montrose away in our first game in this season's Scottish Cup. A trip to oh so familiar surroundings to face a team struggling more than we are just now.

Neither are really matches you would travel thousands of miles home for. Neither are what I hoped for when I booked my trip.

But you know what? I don't care. It's the chance for me to see my team for the first time in 19 months and no matter what the outcomes, I wouldn't swap it for the world.

C'mon the Fife!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow AFTN on Twitter